Local by Flywheel is now may favourite way to create a local host for WordPress. Check out the link below!!
Learning how to install XAMPP to be used as a local host can be done in just a few easy steps. Using a local host is a great way to develop your websites off line or to practice your PHP or other coding.
Download XAMPP from Apachefriends.org .
- Select your operating system to initiate the download of XAMPP.
- Click on downloaded file to initiate the installation.
- Leave the defaults as is and click “OK” until you reach a screen that prompts if you want to start the “Control Panel”. Check the box for yes and click on the finish button. This will initiate the control panel.
- To the right of the “Apache” and “My SQL” headings are buttons labelled “Start”. Click “Start” in the corresponding buttons
- You will be prompted with a firewall warning. Click “Allow Access”.
- Type “localhost” in your browsers’ address bar.
- Select your language.
- On the menu located on the left hand side of the screen, click on “Security”.
- Click on http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php to fix the security warnings.
- Assign a password to the “MySQL SuperUser” section and click “Password changing”.
- Assign a password to the “XAMPP directory Protection (.htaccess)” section and click on “Make safe the XAMPP directory”
- CONGRATULATIONS your local host is ready.
See the video above for more detailed instructions.
“DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to continue to offer you lots of free stuff. 🙂 Thank you, in advance for your support”