In this video I will show you how to make a YouTube banner with Canva.
If you don’t already have a Canva account, go ahead and sign up for a free account here
There are specific guidelines that we will be following for the YouTube banner to look good on large screens, tablets, and mobile devices. If you want to download the template that we will be using go ahead and click here
In order to follow the tutorial, download the template for easy optimal guidelines. The template has a section labelled “TEXT AND LOGO SAFE AREA”. This area is going to appear on all devices. Things like your logo and name can go in the “SAFE AREA”.
- Go to Canva.com and search for YouTube banner and then click on “Create a blank YouTube Banner”
- If you don’t see the ruler on the top and left of your Canva screen, go ahead and click on File/View Settings/Show Rulers and Guides or SHIFT+R
- Go ahead and make two horizontal and two vertical guidelines. Use the template to place the guidelines where required.
- Once you have created the required guides, click on File/View Settings/Lock Guides.
You have two options.
- Create your YouTube banner from scratch or
- Modify and exiting template.
If you chose to modify an existing template, it’s simple as replacing the existing text and images with your own. Keep in mind that the text and logo that you want to appear in all devices has to be customised to fit in the “Safe Area”.
In this tutorial, I’m going to create a banner from scratch. If you follow the directions in the tutorial, I think that you will have a banner created in no time.
But if you have any questions, please post them in the comments section below.
Have fun creating and let me know how it went.
Leave a Reply