Migrate your WordPress site from localhost to server.
In this tutorial I will show you how to migrate your WordPress site from local host to server. You will learn how to create and installer.php file, and archive file, how to upload the files via cpanel or ftp and how to activate your local site on your live server. As always, I will be using the Genesis Framework but these steps will work with any theme. In seven easy steps, you will have your local site uploaded and running on your live server. Let’s get started!!
Install the duplicator plugin from life in the grid.
- Open duplicator
- Click on Create New
- Name package or leave as default
- Add notes if desired
- Click Next
- if all is good, click the Build button at the bottom center of the page
- Download the two files that have been created (Installer file and Archive file) to the desktop (or somewhere that you will remember)
- Upload the Installer file and the Archive file to the your chosen directory on your server, via the cpanel or FTP
- On your server, go to MySql Databases and create a new database. Make note of the database name as you will need it when you install your site to the server.
- Add a new user. Make note of the user name as you will need it when you install your site to the server.
- Add the newly created user to the new database and give the user all privileges.
- Type mydomain.com/installer.php in your web browser. Please replace “mydomain.com” with your actual domain name.
- Follow the prompts given by the duplicator plugin.
- Don’t forget to save the permalinks, run the file cleanup and to delete the installer.php file and archive file from your server.
That’s it, you’re done!!